Dear OTS Solicitors, I am from Iraq. My wife and I feel extremely unhappy with the unstable economic life and very pessimistic about the future of our children. We are eager to know if it is possible to gain residency in the UK. Please do not hesitate to ask us about any detail. We are ready to provide any detail and hire a solicitor for this purpose. All what we ask for is a clear future for my 5 years old. We are waiting for a baby within 2 months as well. All what we ask for is residency and work permit. we have about 100K US$ (actually a bit more than this sum). Please help us.
Many thanks in advance.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. You may have a number of options available to you. If you wish to come to the UK to work, you will need to obtain a Tier 2 (General) Visa or a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa from an employer who holds a UK Sponsor Licence , (if you current employer has an office in the UK).

If you can show you have a well-foundered fear of persecution in Iraq, you may be able to claim Asylum in the UK. However, you may be best to seek legal advice before exploring this option as it is not legally possible to apply for Asylum from outside the UK.

You could also look at coming to the UK on a Tier 4 (Student) Visa, however, it is becoming increasingly difficult for international students to remain in the UK after their course finishes.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]