Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: City of London
Industry: Immigration law
Hours: Full Time
*Training Contract: This may be offered to candidates subject to business needs who comply with internal criteria and have passed their Legal Practice Course.
The Company will offer excellent career progression pathways, a very good salary and ongoing training, development and support.
OTS Solicitors is an award-winning, Legal 500 Law Firm, which is internationally recognised and based in the City of London. We have a wide range of expertise to support business and private clients in all areas of Immigration law. Our solicitors are dedicated to maintaining two core principles at all times:
- Providing clear, comprehensive legal advice; and
- Offering personalised service of the highest quality to our clients
Our aim is to provide clients with an exceptional level of legal expertise, a genuine service that is tailored to your business and/or personal needs, at a cost-effective price.
OTS Solicitors is London's leading immigration, family, employment, corporate and litigation law firm. Concentrating on these areas in-depth allows us to maintain a deep understanding of the law surrounding these practice areas. Specialisation also grants us the opportunity to get to know our clients on an intimate level, and anticipate their legal needs.
Having established a reputation for being pro-active, professional, and forward-thinking in our work, OTS Solicitors is a preferred firm of UK Solicitors, as each of our head of departments has been recommended by Legal 500.
We are looking to recruit experienced immigration Paralegals for our London office. The main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
• Answering calls from new client with a view to booking in for initial consultations
• Dealing with correspondence
• Maintaining billing and costing procedures
• Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
The immigration Caseworker or Paralegal must be registered with the Law Society as a IAAS Level 1 or 2 Caseworker and demonstrate a strong commitment and extensive expertise in all immigration matters; public and privately funded, in particular:
- Detailed knowledge of immigration rules and PBS System
- Knowledge of All areas of Immigration law: Tier 1 entrepreneur and Investor Visa; Tier 2 Sponsorship licence; immigration rules for Spouse, Unmarried Partner, Civil Partners, Adult Dependants, Students, Visitors.
- Knowledge of immigration Tribunal Appeals
- Knowledge of all areas of Individual Immigration, and judicial review
- You will be highly motivated, resourceful self-starter with a positive can do manner
- You will be an excellent communicator and have the ability to book new client enquires from email enquiries, and telephone enquiries
- Understand our Company culture and team values and embrace and promote them
- You will be charismatic and engaging
- You will be a good workload planner who can manage time vs tasks
- You will lead by example
The successful immigration Caseworker or Paralegal must have:- • A good academic background • Legal experience as an immigration advisor • An ability to market the Company • Business acumen • Excellent IT skills
- Experience dealing with clients face to face and over the phone.
- Legal Experience in preparing Individual and Corporate immigration applications and dealing with complex immigration scenarios.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working within immigration.
- A detailed understanding of immigration rules and PBS applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong understanding of IT and MS office applications.
- You will have a strong level of professionalism.
- You will have excellent time management skills.
- You will have the ability to meet strict deadlines and work efficiently.
- You will be a team player and adhere to the Company’s supportive culture.
- You will be a highly motivated, resourceful self-starter with a positive can-do manner.
For the best expert legal advice and outcome on your UK immigration application, contact OTS immigration solicitors on 020 7936 9960 or contact us online.
We are one of the UK’s top firms for immigration solicitors and civil liberties lawyers. We can advise on a broad range of immigration issues including Appeals and Refusals, Judicial Reviews, Spouse Visas, Student Visas, Work Permit Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA Applications, Asylum and Human Rights, British Citizenship, All types of visas, Business Immigration Visas, Entrepreneur Visas and Investor Visas.
Our top immigration solicitors and lawyers are here to assist you.
Disclaimer: The information and comments on this page/site is made available free of charge and for educational and information purposes only. The information and comments do not amount to and are not intended to be adopted as legal advice to any individual or company. The use of this site should not be a substitute for specific legal advice, which we ask you to see our contact page or call our solicitors on 0207 936 9960.
By using this site you understand that there is no solicitor and client relationship between you/your company and the site owners or the firm. We make every effort to keep the published articles up-to-date and accurate, however the law changes very rapidly and the older the articles on this site, the more likely that the views in it have changed with the development of the law.
Posted on: Tuesday, 28 November, 2017