Dear OTS solicitors, I am a Japanese student and currently studying for PhD on Tier 4. I am thinking of bringing my wife to UK on Tier 4 dependent visa. The question is: can she remain in UK while I am away from UK for the field trip back in Japan for about a year (starting this summer)? She wants to remain because she has to secure the job here (she is now promised a job). Under the regulation of UKVI I have to notice UKVI through my uni that I will be away from UK for the field trip, and I wonder whether 'living together' condition applies to this case.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question.  

We will require further information from you before we can advise you on your options.

A solicitor will be in touch with you shortly.

Please note: this answer does not constitute legal advice.  We must have your formal instructions to provide legal advice.

Best wishes,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]