Dear OTS team
I am currently living outside UK and i didn't study or work in before -only i have visited as a visitor-
I would like to ask if i want to invest -for example: 75,000 pounds- in an existing company inside UK, Am i eligible to apply for an entrepreneur visa Tier 1?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

To be eligible for a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) Visa, you usually have to have either:

Access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:
-a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT)
-a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
-a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.

Access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:
-your own
-made available to you by other people (‘third parties’), such as a spouse, partner or investor
-in a joint account with your spouse or partner but only if they aren’t applying for a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]