Dear Sir/Madam, I am a EEA national working in the UK for >4 years. My partner is Brazilian. We've been together for >3 years and live together for the last 2 years. He is trying to transition from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 after completing his post-graduation studies at the university. But there may be complications with this route, so we are trying to find alternatives. What is the fastest route to get him a Visa so that we can remain together in the UK? Thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your immigration enquiry.

Your partner may have the option of relying on the free movement rights of EEA nationals and their family members. Your partner may therefore be in a position to apply for a residence permit in the UK on the basis of his durable relationship with you, an EEA national who lives and works in the UK.

To be able to establish whether the criteria for the EEA immigration route are met we would need to obtain more information from you on the circumstances of your case. Our Immigration Solicitors will contact you shortly to discuss your matter further.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]