Hello, I am planning to apply for a Permanent Residence. During my student and self-sufficient years I had no comprehensive sickness insurance, not even form E111 or EHIC. Is this means i cannot apply for the residence?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

To obtain a Permanent Residence Card generally an applicant who has been exercising their Treaty rights as a student or self-sufficient person needs to have comprehensive sickness insurance. Please contact us and we can discuss your circumstances further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]