Hello, I first arrived to the UK in 2007, studied full time until 2011 and then worked full time from January 2015 to date. My question is, do I need to provide travel details/supporting documentary evidence for the period 2007-2011, or would it be sufficient to only include documents for the last 5 years (which could make the application considerably more straightforward. Many thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. We presume that your query relates to applying for a EU Permanent Residence Card. If that is the case then you will need to provide evidence that you have been exercising your Treaty rights for the past five years. This could be in the form of pay slips, bank accounts, course acceptance documents etc. For the period you were a student you will also need to show you had Comprehensive Sickness Insurance.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]