Hello, I have been in the UK since July 2012 on a dependent visa. My spouse came to the UK on T2 ICT Long term visa and I was a dependent. In July 2015, both our visas were extended until July 2017. I have been working as a contractor and have now got a permanent job .. Can my new company apply for my Tier 2 General from the UK?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. To obtain a Tier 2 (General) Visa you must be sponsored by a company that holds a Sponsorship Licence. If your job is not contained on the Shortage Occupation List, then the company will need to advertise it to 'settled' persons first. Sponsor Licenses are complex and require quite a lot of administration on behalf of the sponsoring employer. Our Immigration Lawyers can advise your employer on how to apply for a Sponsor Licence and the compliance responsibilities involved. We can also help you obtain a Tier 2 (General) Visa.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]