Hello i was born in london 1994 and went back to my country and now i am studying in london for 3 years can i get the passport?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

Government guidelines state that if you were born in the UK after 1st January 1983, you may be eligible for British Citizenship (and hence a passport) if your mother or father was a British Citizen or 'settled' in the UK (ie had Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence). As you were born prior to July 2006, your father’s British nationality will normally only pass to you if he was married to your mother at the time of your birth.

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your options.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]