Hello I'm originally from Albania and I have been living here in Uk from the past 3 years I'm illegally here living and working in the past 3 months I'm in a relationship with my girlfriend she is from Spain working and paying taxes here she earns more tha 18.600£ a year we are thinking to move together and hopefully one day to get married, do we have any chance to get a spousal visa and get married here in UK or we should go in Spain , Ps : I never had problems here in UK with the emigration I'm not registered as well, waiting to hear from you guys thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Hello and thank you for your enquiry. 

Your partner is an EEA national (citizen of Spain). According to the information you have provided, she is excercising her treaty rights in the UK as a Worker within the meaning of the EEA Regulation 2016 (as amended). 

There are 2 categories of individuals that may benefit from making EEA Applications to live in the UK with their EEA national family member and these are:

Immediate Family members:

  • Spouses or Civil Partners
  • Children under the age of 21 or over 21 but financially dependent on their parents or their partner
  • Dependent parents and grandparents.

Extended family members:

  • Members of the same household
  • Other dependant relatives
  • If you have been in a durable relationship and living with your partner for over 2 years
  • Relative on serious health grounds requiring care

We will need further information from you in order to advise you on the best route available to you to regularise your immigration status in the UK. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors


[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]