Hello Team, please can you advise on my case? I am a non EEA and I was granted a 5 years residence card family member of EEA resident. Unfortunately the marriage did not work out and we are now divorced. I lived in the UK for 6 years now and I intend to renew my stay which expires soon applying for a Permanent Residence card. I have been working for the 6 years and I have proofs, my ex husband is self employee and gave me his documents for the last 5 years of self Employment, but does not want to give me his passport or blue card for my application
Please can you help and confirm what are my chances , can I still apply and be granted my Permanent Residence card?
Many thanks in advance.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

You may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence providing you meet the necessary requirements. Generally, you are required to show that your partner was exercising treaty rights and residing in the UK for a period of 5 years.

A solicitor will contact you shortly to discuss your immigration matter in more detail.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]