I have lived in UK from 2001 till 2008, My son was born in UK in 2008 and we have left for Pakistan when my son was 5 months old.Does he acquire right to become a British Citizen.as according to immigration law states in MN1 documents It clearly states that "British Citizenship otherwise than by descent
A child born in the UK to parents one or both of whom are
 British citizens, or
 are settled in the UK at the time the child is born, or
 members of the UK armed forces
is automatically a British citizen otherwise than by descent and does not need to be
Please guide me accordingly as i want to sent him to peruse his studies in UK as a British National.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

It is important for us to know what your immigration Status was at the time your son was born in the UK in order for us to provide you with an answer to your question.

If at the time of your son's birth you were either a British citizen or held Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, the your son is entitled to British Citizenship by BIRTH - as per section 1 of the British nationality Act 1981. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]