Hi, an Iranian female came to the uk on student visa in 2010, but as she converted to Christianity, she made an asylum case and granted 5 years to remain refugee status, however undergoing some difficulties and trauma during and after asylum and during the 5 years, she got more ill and more isolated, and it's been a few years that she's been awarded PIP and ESA regarding her mental health issues. She applied for ILR in December 2016, and then she received a letter from the Home office to send more supporting documents confirming her activities and involvement in church and showing her practicing Christianity. As a result of her sickness she's not doing any of these Does the home office accept it or they would refuse her for ILR? Traumatic events happened in uk, made her severely depressed

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

When someone makes an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK under the Protection Route, the Home Office can if they wish, reassess the situation in the Applicant's country of nationality. They can also ask for evidence from the Applicant to demonstrate that they continue to fear persecution as a result of their change in faith. 

In such situations, it is important to liaise with the Home Office adequately to ensure they understand the current circumstances of the Applicant applying for settlement. In your situation, it is paramount that you provide detailed information to the Home Office about the medical issues as well as evidence of the fact that you continue to fear persecution in Iran owing to your change in faith. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]