Hi, I've been in a civil partnership with an Italian citizen and I'm planning to apply EEA4 on the fifth anniversary of our civil partnership this December. My partner has been exercising treaty rights for the past 8 years.
We haven't been living together for the past 2 years but all my post arrives at his house, we both thought this could help my application.
- Should I state in the application that we live together?. this is to make sense with all the documents I'll use as proves all of which have my partner's address. Or should I mark as we don't live together but take the risk of looking suspicious to the HO?
- Can I use my current address as the postal address to receive the documents from the home office? even though this address is nowhere on the documents I'll send?.


Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

In most circumstances. to be granted Permanent Residence as a family member of an EEA national, you need to be residing in the same house as the person exercising his or her Treaty rights.

We would need more information to assist you, please get in touch with our office as soon as possible to we can help.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]