My wife claimed asylum in the UK together with our 2 child dependents. At the time of her asylum claim, my wife and I were separated. Her asylum claim was accepted based on (inter alia) the fact that she is a single woman with 2 children.

My wife and I have been in contact recently and we wish to be a family again together with our children in the UK. I am currently in the UK on a visitor business visa. My wife and children have refugee status and are not yet settled in the UK.

How am I able to join them in the UK? I do not want to jeopardize my wife and children's leave to remain.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. We would need to talk to you to find out more information. It may be possible for you husband to join you in the UK if her Asylum application has been processed. You may also be able to come and join your wife and children by applying for a spouse visa; however, your wife, as your sponsor, would have to meet the minimum income threshold of earning £18,600 a year and prove she has access to adequate accommodation for your both. These conditions would not need to be met if you were successful in being reunited with your wife as a family member of an Asylum seeker. You mention you are currently in the UK on a business visa. Depending on your circumstances, you may also qualify for entry into the UK on a Tier 2 (General) visa or an Intra-company Transfer visa.

Please call our office to make an appointment so we can advise you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]