My situation: I am applying for a Permanent Residence document after having resided in the UK for 5 years (initial 3 years as a student and final 2 years as a worker).
Question: What documentation am I supposed to provide as proof of my financial resources during my student years (first 3 years of my stay in the UK)? I was supported by my parents and I could provide monthly bank statements showing receival of funds. Would that alone be sufficient? Do I have to provide my parents' bank statements, as well? Thant would be problematic, as their bank does not issue bank statements that go back that long.
Many thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

As a student, it is likely that you were exercising your Treaty rights and may not need to show proof of finances for that period, only proof of study. You will need to show that you have comprehensive sickness insurance during the years that you were a student.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]