I'm South American living in UK for over a year. I applied for family extended visa as my brother got EEA nationality and he has been living in UK for 5 years. I have been rejected by Home-office due to not providing mine and my brother original birth certificate ( I only provided copy of it). Not enough evidence of financial support from my brother (not evidence of my financial support on my brother bank statement) also not providing the same, current proof of address (I only provided landlord's letter). The letter says I'm don't have any rights to appeal from that decision, however I have been wondering if I could made a new application and provide all missing documents or apply under different article?
Thank you for your time.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

You can apply as an ‘extended’ family member’, e.g. brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece if you are dependent on the EU national to care for you. You normally need to show that you lived with the EU national before they came to the UK and be dependent on them for day to day care.

You may be able to apply again and include all the relevant information, but it is likely that you will also need to show proof of dependence.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]