I am British citizen living in UK. I am going to live in Dublin now. My sister in law who is Sri Lankan, studying in UK under tier 4 visa. Can I sponsor her via eu visa. I have paid for her studies in UK etc. I am her brother in law

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

A non-EEA national can apply to enter the UK as an extended family member of an EEA citizen if they are dependent on the EU national. You must have lived with the EU national before they came to the UK and be dependent on them to care for you.

You sister-in-law may be able to apply to remain in the UK if an employer who holds a UK Sponsor Licence chooses to sponsor her and pay an appropriate salary.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]