I am currently on a Tier 4 General doing full time ACCA in London This year will be my 5th year for education However I wish to do one more year of law conversion course to give me a broader base for future work Problem is ACCA is rated NQF 7 while GDL (law conversion) is rated as NQF 6 so it appears I would not comply with the academic progression rule. To me GDL is an extension of my ACCA knowledge base which would help me greatly in my career. Is there another way or can I still qualify for an extension for my Tier 4?
Thanks for any advice.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

On 6th April 2012, the UKVI (Home Office UK Visas & immigration) introduced limits as to how long a Tier 4 student would be permitted to stay in the UK studying at various levels (study cap).

There are some exceptions to the study cap and some law conversion course are covered by this exception. Please get in touch with our office as we will require further information regarding your situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]