I am enquiring about my mother. We are both from Bulgaria. She joined me here in the UK in 2003 and started work as a self employed person on the so called business visa. She continued to be self employed until 2007 when she fell ill and needed surgery. She received incapacity benefit for one year following the surgery. In 2007 Bulgaria joined the EU and my mother applied for registration certificate which was issued in 2008. In December 2008 she started work as an office cleaner but had to give up work in December 2010 due to deteriorating health. Since then she has been receiving Employment and support allowance with some interruptions during which I have supported he financially. She has lived with me ever since she came in the UK. I am now British Citizen. Can my mother apply for PR?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. We would need to talk with you further to work out whether your mother has been exercising her Treaty rights over five years so as to be eligible for a PRC. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your mother's situation.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]