I am non EEA married to EEA natonal.We moved over to UK in 2012. August 2017 would be 5 years in UK.Can we apply for our permanant resident whilst my 5yr resident card has not expired? I came to uk with EEA family permit therefore I spent close to a year before my resident card was issued to me.I still have more then 1yr on my resident card.conidering Brexit can I apply for my permanent resident the same time as my wife?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You and your spouse may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence in the UK so long as you can demonstrate that the EEA national has been excercising their treaty rights in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years and that you as the non-EEA national family member have been married to the EEA national for 5 years.

Of course we will need more information from you about your activities in the UK before we can confirm anything to you.

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]