I am a Syrian citizen currently holding a Tier 4 Dependent Visa, It is valid until January 2018
I am currently employed in a full time job on a fixed term contract for 1 year in an organization that has a sponsorship licencing grade A, the organization is willing to extend my contract for another year and provide me with a Sponsorship Licence to apply for a Tier 2 Visa. I understand that my employer needs to issue a restricted certificate. My questions:
1-being on a fixed term contract, can I apply for more than one year somehow in order not to go through the application every year ? is it possible to add a sentence that might say " the contract is subject to extension" in order to apply for 5 years for instance ?
2-what do I need to apply for the Tier 2 visa in my situation?


Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.
You may be able to apply for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you have been offered a fixed term contract; the length of the fixed-term plus 14 days. It is likely you would need a permanent job offer to apply for the entire five years all at once.
To apply for a Tier 2 visa, you usually need to:
- have a certificate of sponsorship reference number
- have an ‘appropriate’ salary
- have the required level of English
- follow additional rules if you’re switching to this visa from a Tier 4 (General) visa
- have proof of £945 in savings, unless you’re exempt
- provide a criminal record certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to discuss how we can assist you with your exciting future plans.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]