I am on a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and I would like to move to Tier 2 General and would like to know if companies can sponsor me visa as an artist. Professional singer/performer and I excel in my work.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

You will not be able to switch from Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 General from within the UK. You will need to leave the UK and return to your home country to apply. You must have a confirmed offer of Employment with an employer who holds a valid Sponsor Licence and is willing to issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship. There are job codes available for artists, entertainers, actors and singers at a certain skill level. You will need to search for jobs available in this sector and find an employer who is ready to sponsor you. They will need to show that they are unable to find anyone in the UK or EU who are more suitable for the role.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]