I currently hold a Tier 2 ICT visa which is valid for another years. I have been offered a Tier 2 general visa by another company. Is there a cooling off period where I have to leave UK before I can apply to Tier 2 general (how long is it) or can I apply while in UK and just start using new visa when it is ready.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. To help you further we would need to know if your Tier 2 ICT visa was issued before 6th April 2010 or alternatively, if it is an ICT: established staff visa. If your ICT visa falls under these two categories, then you may be able to switch to the Tier 2 (General) visa whilst in the UK. If your ICT visa is outside these two categories, then you may need to leave the UK and apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa in your home country.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]