I (EEA national) and my spouse non-EEA are considering moving to the UK and residing under the
self-sufficiency rules. If she applies for the Residency card, do we need to have CSI for the full 5 years or is an annual automatic renewal CSI valid. I don't believe that any provider health provides insurance for 5 years but only a year at a time.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.  To legally live in the UK, you spouse is likely to have to prove they have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for five years.  Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]