- Family Re-union applications
- Points based system - Tier 1 entrepreneur / Investors ; Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence ; Sole Representative Visa
- Interviewing & advising clients in office, Detention Centres & Prisons
- Asylum and Humanitarian Protection claims
- Appeals and bail applications in immigration & Asylum Tribunal
- Entry Clearance applications • EEA residence applications
- All EU Brexit immigration matters including Family Permit, Zambrano, Surinder Singh, Residence Card and Permanent Residence
- Advising and assisting clients in Divorce and contact matters
- Urgent challenges to removal;
- Challenges to refusal of Article 8 applications where no right of appeal has been granted;
- Challenges to the certification of Asylum and human rights claim;
- Challenges to the failure of the UK government to follow their own declared policies and to provide documents to successful applicants within a reasonable period of time;
- Challenges to the Detained Fast Track procedures
Maryem joined OTS Solicitors in September 2015 and is currently working as a solicitor within the Immigration Department.
She qualified as a solicitor in February 2013 and since then she has been practising exclusively in immigration and Asylum work in which she has now acquired considerable amount of knowledge. She has extensive experience in working in the following areas:
Working within the Public and immigration law departments she has obtained a wide range of experience in lodging challenges against the Secretary of State in application for judicial review in the following areas:
Maryem has conducted her own advocacy at First tier immigration and Asylum Tribunal in Asylum and article 8 appeals as well as various bail applications for detained client. She has also drafted grounds in judicial review claims at the High Court including in urgent applications. Maryem has represented a variety of vulnerable clients including minors, those suffering with mental health problems and those who have been trafficked. She prides herself in producing quality work and ensuring that her clients are offered a service that is tailored to their needs.
During her spare time she likes to do fundraising for charity and to volunteer within her local community. She likes travelling and reading.