Me and my husband are both EU nationals. My husband works full time since October 2011. We have a child born in June 2016, but I'm staying home with her after the SMP as it is the most cost effective option, I also worked full time before the baby was born. Now I'm confused with the comprehensive sickness insurance. What is my status at the moment? Self sufficient or dependant? Should I have comprehensive sickness insurance at all? I also receive child benefit which gives me NI Class 3 credit. Does it mean I'm covered by that?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.
As you are a stay at home parent you are likely to be considered to be exercising your EU Treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. It may be best to take out CSI now to protect your status. If you have worked in the UK for five continuous years before you had your baby, you may still qualify for a Permanent Residence Card.
Someone will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your situation further.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]