My ex and I split up 9 months ago. At the beginning, she was ok about me seeing the kids and I got to see them whenever I wanted. Now she is being awkward. She has told me that unless I promise not to let the children see my new girlfriend I can’t see the children anymore. I don’t think that is fair on me or the kids but she just doesn’t get how unreasonable she is being. What can I do?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties with your contact with your children. 
If you and your ex-partner cannot reach an agreement over your contact with the children, you could go to family mediation to see if a family mediator can help you reach an agreement. 
If family mediation is not suitable for you or does not resolve matters then you could apply to the family court for a child arrangements order. This order is like the old style access or contact orders. Your ex-partner could apply to court for an order to stop your girlfriend seeing your children during contact visits. 
When making any decisions about children the court will look at what is in the best interests of your children. 
To discuss your situation and your options we would need to see you. We can give you   expert children law advice and advise you on the best way forward. Please call us on 0203 959 9123 to arrange an appointment to discuss how we can help you. 
Family Law team at OTS Solicitors  
[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]